Saturday, April 13, 2013

PGR - Dedication of Lt. Ken Ballard Memorial Post Office-Mt. View

Pics are from top to bottom, click on a pic for a larger pic, text for a pic is under it...

Notice from Blue Star Moms:  

The Mountain View Main Post Office will be dedicated as the Lt Ken Ballard Memorial Post Office on Saturday, April 13 at 1 p.m. 211 Hope St, Mountain View, CA  

Gold Star Dad Tom Ballard is a friend and has  had a BBQ on 4th of July for many years in honor of his son Ken, and has asked for PGR to attend.    I've been honored to attend many of them.    Thank you my friend and God Bless Ya!   I told Tom  my oldest son just got back from a tour in Afghanistan,  and he said you know the anxiety!  And that I do.




The new Mt View Post Office!





Parking was tight so I took a tad of space behind a car.  Due to timing it was around 1230, I brought my ever PBJ+H ( like to add a couple pieces of ham for flavor) for my lunch.   Ate my lunch and headed for the post office.




My destination.




The event was behind the post office, in the back dock / parking area.  We have news coverage!




The dedication, straight ahead.....




Tom Ballard talking with some friends.  (previous error removed, very  sorry! Thanks Debbi)




Better pic of Tom.




Tom went to get Ken's truck and back it up here, he asked me to thank the guy in the wheel chair for saving his spot, well, it was a bit like that.




Tom explaining the truck to a friend.  better shot of the person in the wheel chair.




PGR section.  I took a few pics, didn't seem to get any one right.





A little better.




Finally got a smile from Ruth C!




The Honor Guard ready to post the colors.




Ready to start, very nice and large crowd to honor Ken and family.




A good friend, called Ken his brother.  He made a very nice talk, but you knew it was hard for him to do so, personally, I don't know how he got thru it.....




The Gov person that presented the legislation to a vote.  Believe it to be Anna E.  She made it a point that ALL members of the House and Senate voted for this honor!  It brought a large cheer from the group!  All the other reps from local up were also there.






Anna making a presentation to Ken's mom.





Mom sharing a few words.  Very nice speech and it had to be very hard to do.  God Bless the family and friends of Lt Kenneth Ballard!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment